Homemaker Service/Personal Cares
The Homemaker/Personal Care Program provides services to clients in their homes to maintain and prolong their ability to remain independent at home. Services are provided to eligible Calhoun County residents using a sliding fee scale.
Examples of services may include:
- Bathing and hair care
- Assistance with getting in and out of the bathtub or shower
- Assistance with laundry
- Light housework to include dusting, vacuuming, cleaning of bathrooms and kitchen
- Light meal preparation
Services are provided by Direct Care Workers under the direction of a program case manager. Services provided are based on client need and program admission criteria. Referrals are accepted from physicians, hospitals, families directly, social service agencies, and home health providers.
Who is eligible?
- Have a stable, chronic condition
- Require nursing visits approximately 1 to 2 times a month. An example may be for supervision of or setting up medications
- Meet financial guidelines and follow a sliding fee scale or qualify for a grant
- Do not require skilled home health services paid for by health insurance
- Must live in Calhoun County
What is the fee?
A sliding fee scale based on the client's household income is used to determine the fee for service. Services may be fully or partially funded through grants from Iowa Department of Public Health and Elderbridge Agency on Aging.
The Elderly Waiver will pay for homemaker services. To be eligible for the Elderly Waiver, an individual must be 65 or over, and meet certain level of care, income and resource guidelines. Applications are made through DHS.