Welcome to Calhoun County Vital Records.
If you want to get married, you will need a marriage license.
- Marriages in Iowa are between two people who are (1) 18 years of age and older; (2) not already or still legally married to someone else or each other; (3) not closely related by blood or first cousins; and (4) legally competent to enter a civil contract.
- Minors. Persons aged 16 and 17 may only marry with special permission from a judge and should request a "Consent to Marriage of a Minor" form when making application for their marriage license (at least one parent or guardian must sign the consent form). Complete the form and present it to a judge within the same judicial district as the county in which you wish your license issued. The Clerk of District Court office can provide additional information. Return the signed form in order to complete the marriage application process.
- To apply for a marriage license, the couple intending to marry and one witness (someone that's acquainted with the couple and is 18 or older) must come into the office and fill out the application. The couple and witness must have a photo ID. The fee is $35.00 and the license is issued the same day (applications taken after 4pm will be available the following business day). Once the license has been issued & picked up or mailed to you, it will be valid after 3 business days and does not expire.
If the couple intending to marry is not able to come in to apply, we can mail the application to be completed in front of a notary.
To obtain a raised seal certified copy of your marriage certificate, you may write to us or come into the office. This office has access to statewide marriage certificates back to 1954.
For records we do not have, you may contact the Iowa Department of Public Health. You may contact them by phone at (515) 281-4944.
You may request a copy of county Vital Record form. Apply by mail or in person. A fee of $15.00 is required for each request. Cash, check,money orders, or credit cards are accepted. Please call for more information: 712-297-8121
- Iowa Land Records Website
- Iowa Courts Online
- Iowa Counties
- Iowa Assessors
- State of Iowa
- Secretary of State
- U.S. Government Official Site
Calhoun County Recorder
416 Fourth Street, Suite 3
Calhoun County Courthouse
Rockwell City, Iowa 50579
Telephone: (712) 297-8121
Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Kathy Jurries: Calhoun County Recorder
Kathy Hiler: Deputy Recorder