University 40 is a 40 acre park that is located just south of Lohrville on the Cedar Creek. The area was owned by the University of Iowa until 1960, when it was purchased by Calhoun County. Over 1200 trees and shrubs were planted here over the next few years, and management of the property continues today.
The park includes two shelter houses, three vault toilets, and in 2020, a new comfort station was installed. Also in 2020, the park became a quiet area for outdoor enthusiasts to come and enjoy a weekend of camping. Eight full hook up campsites were introduced and a new water feature was installed for the publics enjoyment. University 40 attracts many outdoor recreationists, from sledders to birdwatchers, but no hunting is allowed.