- Download an absentee ballot request form
- Signed and completed absentee ballot request forms must be returned to:
Rockwell City, IA 50579
- Track Your Absentee Ballot
- Vote an absentee ballot in person
- Information for Military Voters
- Find information for Overseas Civilian Voters
- Know the requirements for absentee voting at health care facilities
- Find answers to frequently asked questions
Absentee Ballot Request Form Instructions
A registered voter may make written application to the Auditor's office for an absentee ballot. A written application for a mailed absentee ballot must be received by the voter's County Auditor no later than 5:00 p.m. 15 days before an election.
In order to receive an absentee ballot, a registered voter MUST provide the following necessary information:
- Date of birth
- Iowa residential address
- Voter Verification Number (ID Number)
- Iowa Driver's License or Non-Operator ID Number OR
- Four digit Voter PIN located on the voter's Iowa Voter ID Card
- Any voter may request an Iowa Voter ID Card by contacting their County Auditor's Office
- The name OR date of the election for which you are requesting an absentee ballot
- Party affiliation - only required for Primary Elections
All voters are encouraged to provide their phone number and/or email address in the event we need to confirm any information on the request form.
If you have questions about absentee voting, please contact our office, 712-297-7741.